Hurricane season is in full force with Hurricane Dorian projected to impact Florida over the holiday weekend, and we want you to know Tadlock Roofing is ready with resources and supplies to respond to roof damage caused by what could be one of the most dangerous storms this season.
Pending the severity of the Hurricane, we will remain open after the storm to secure your home from further damage and schedule or perform any needed repairs. Call us at 1-888-996-1980 and we will respond as quickly as possible.
Tadlock Roofing proudly serves the following markets: Tallahassee, Panama City, Pensacola, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa, and Sarasota.
How high of wind speed can your roof withstand?
- Metal Roofs: Metal roofs offer a higher level of protection and are generally rated for wind speeds up to 140mph. Depending on the material, they might also be impact-resistant.
- Asphalt Shingles: Owens Corning shingles are covered under warranty up to 130mph depending on the type shingle chosen. Give us a call for information specific to your roof or check out this Owens Corning Wind Warranty chart or your manufacturer’s warranty.
If Tadlock Roofing has installed your roof, don’t hesitate to give us a call for more information about your roof and it’s warranty.
Top 7 Steps to Protect Your Home from Hurricane Dorian:
- Secure your windows and doors. Broken windows can let in wind and rain, and they can also increase the pressure under the roof.
- Take inventory. Having an inventory list will make the process of getting through the claim process much easier.
- Gather all loose items in your yard and trim your trees. Broken limbs can land on your house or become missiles that can break windows during a storm.
- Do not go on your roof during the storm – especially in the dark. It is dangerous and you could get hurt.
- Update your insurance. Make sure you have the right amount of insurance and fill in any gaps in coverage.
- If possible, park your cars in the garage or away from large trees.
- If a tree or significant branch falls on your home, your first call should be to your insurance agent and then a licensed tree service. Then call Tadlock Roofing to inspect and secure your roof to avoid further damage. We will coordinate with the tree service to expedite this process.
It is our hope that we escape this storm with minimal impact, but if you do sustain damage to your roof, please know we are ready to help.
Here are some helpful links for tracking Hurricane Dorian and for recovery after the storm: